Sunday, May 5, 2013

Can't catch a turbotfish and X-wings only make me feel cross

If this were 2006, or even 2007, I'd write a book instead of a blog, and hope to make some money.  But as it is, I doubt there's much commercial interest in Yet Another Way to Solve Sudoku out there.

But the thing is, I have acquired all sorts of books, and read all sorts of websites, and I've yet to find anyone who solves the hardest puzzles precisely the same way I do.  And I've found a lot of advice that just complicates the process.  You see, there are only three over arching logical methods that you need to solve a sudoku puzzle.  Process of elimination, subset identification, and bifurcation. Pattern hunting doesn't make the list, although if you do enough sudokus you'll soon recognize a couple of very simple patterns that you can apply to shortcut the process.

But the basics are really very very basic, even if the application in really hard sudokus can get a bit complex.

So, a blog.  Maybe no one will read it, but at least it will give me a place to organize my thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment